Let’s begin with the sales pitch. More often than not, the pitch these days is around the number of job boards one subscribes to, free trials and number of CVs one will drip feed on an average day. Let’s look at this from the client (Recruiters) perspective.
- The recruiter will not have to subscribe to the job boards
- They will see more CVs from multiple sources
- Less expensive (gets resource plus job boards for much lesser cost compared to what it would cost in house)
The hidden negatives:
A service provider subscribing to multiple job boards (generally over 5), deploying dedicated staff for the client to work on their account, providing CVs on multiple vacancies; how much does it add up to? The only cost that would differ from cost arbitrage perspective is the resource cost; job board subscription cost would remain unchanged. With such an exponential cost, how is it viable for the service provider to make any margins, unless one operates in a shared services model?
As a client you may be completely unaware that your service is being offered on this basis. So, let’s review the pitfalls of shared service model, specifically from the resourcing perspective:
- This model mainly operates with a CRM (Client Relationship Manager) acting as a point of contact with the client and looks after the resourcing activity; hence, you’ve got what was promised; i.e. dedicated resource in the form of a CRM.
- Vacancies/roles are passed to the team of resourcers depending on the volume of work they have on an average day, hence, there is invariably someone new every day working on your vacancies. Result, inconsistency in the quality of CVs sourced.
- Secondly, due to the high amount of investment in job boards, one resource will work for at least four clients/recruiters on an average day.
Question to recruiters:
- How can one deliver the quality when there is a communication gap between the resourcer and recruiter? Vacancy template as a medium is too weak to communicate the most important aspects of the job.
- How will one deliver quality when the resourcer is targeted to source “x” number of CVs for every role?
- Considering the volume of vacancies they have to work with on an average day, will the resourcer go the extra mile to qualify each CV thoroughly?
- Would you want a new resourcer working on your roles every other day?
- Client competition; shared resource is deployed to work for clients within the same market; works well for the service provider as they’ll put in half the effort and send same CVs to both the clients, but then, how are you ahead of the game?
If you’re looking for a strategic partner who’ll not just deliver quality candidates, but achieve the bottom line; i.e. placements and revenue, you want to talk to us.
We work hard to enable our clients to maximize their own profitability, retain business and engender their own competitive advantage. We are confident we can deliver return on investment to you so you can deliver an enhanced service to your clients because we offer a dedicated resource model and not a shared service. We don’t just deliver CVs- unless that is really what you want.
About the author:
Ketan Gajjar is a VP Operations-RPO for QX Limited: a North Yorkshire, UK based private limited company established in 2003, specializing in providing payroll, finance and accountancy, recruitment and business process outsourcing services to a range of private and public companies in the UK.
QX’s recruitment division is called QX Recruitment Services. It operates across all the verticals with specific experience within the Doctors, Nursing, AHPs, Social Care, IT, Engineering, Oil and Gas industries. We’ve placed hundreds of candidates through our client agencies using dedicated teams to provide client confidentiality, excellent working relations and a tailored service which matches requirements.
Benefits of working with QX Recruitment services:
- We offer a dedicated resource model and not a shared service
- Flexible hours to meet business needs and prompt turnaround
- Guaranteed delivery times
- Additional hours of working – office hours are 8.00am to 5.30pm UK time – included within standard charge
- Out of office provision – we can contact candidates at times convenient to them
- We can take care of the core and non-core functions of the recruitment agency business so you can add value to your clients
QX is a BSI audited ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 certified organization and its divisions are a member of the ICAEW and NASSCOM.
Connect with Ketan on LinkedIn. Alternatively, you can contact him for an evaluation of your company’s outsourcing needs on 0870 803 1033 or email@example.com